AUSD Middle School Writing Competition Winners 2020
Arcadia Unified's Digital Communications Internship hosted its first-ever AUSD Middle School News Writing Competition, where middle school students from Dana, First Avenue, Foothills, and Rancho Lab Middle Schools could submit article entries in response to the following prompt:
"Write about an instance of unity, strength, perseverance, and/or leadership taking place in your school, classroom, or AUSD community."
The competition ran from Oct. 14, 2020 to Nov. 14, 2020, and participants were provided the following instructions:
- AUSD middle school students only
- Be written on Google Docs with size 12 (choose any font you would like)
- Only accepting news writing articles (word limit between 500-800)
- Work must be the original work of the student
- The quotes of interviewees must be done accurately
- There will be no late entries accepted after the deadline
- Submitted to Google Form (link of your Google Doc in the submission form)
- A month to work on this project (due date is early November)
- Three winners will be chosen!
Sincere congratulations to this year's three winners (in alphabetical order by last name): Maximiliano Chang-Amayo (Foothills Middle School), Katelyn Liu (Foothills Middle School), and Minhtam Nguyen (First Avenue Middle School)! Click on their images below to read the wonderful, uplifting articles these rockstar writers shared.