The AUSD Induction Program prides itself on providing a rigorous and robust individualized program based on the needs of each participating teacher. Mentors and participating teachers work collaboratively to identify a learning path based on a self-assessment of the teacher’s needs. In creating this individualized plan, the mentors and candidates select from a broad range of professional development opportunities which include a range of sessions aligned to the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP).
- Provide a two-year, individualized, job-embedded system of mentoring, support and professional learning that begins in the teacher’s first year of teaching.
- Identify and assign a mentor to each participating teacher within the first 30 days of the participant’s enrollment in the program, matching the mentor and participating teacher according to grade level and/or subject area, as appropriate to the candidate’s teaching assignment.
- Assure that each participating teacher receives an average of not less than one hour per week of individualized support/mentoring coordinated and/or provided by the mentor.
- Assure that goals for each participating teacher must be developed within the context of the Individual Learning Plan (ILP) within the first 60 days of the teacher’s enrollment in the program.
- Individual Learning Plan must be designed and implemented solely for the professional growth and development of the participating teacher and not for evaluation for employment purposes.
- Make available and must advise participants of an Early Completion option for “experienced and exceptional” candidates who meet the program’s established criteria.
Induction Program Staff:
Coordinator of Instructional Integration
Office Assistant, Instructional Integration
626-821-6611 - firstname.lastname@example.org
|626-821-8300 xt 6502 -|