AUSD Induction Program Objectives
- Provide a two-year, individualized, job-embedded system of mentoring, support and professional learning that begins in the teacher’s first year of teaching. (Precondition 1)
- Identify and assign a mentor to each participating teacher within the first 30 days of the participant’s enrollment in the program, matching the mentor and participating teacher according to grade level and/or subject area, as appropriate to the candidate’s teaching assignment. (Precondition 2)
- Assure that each participating teacher receives an average of not less than one hour per week of individualized support/mentoring coordinated and/or provided by the mentor. (Precondition 3)
- Assure that goals for each participating teacher must be developed within the context of the Individual Learning Plan (ILP) within the first 60 days of the teacher’s enrollment in the program, addressing the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs) (Precondition 4)
- Individual Learning Plan must be designed and implemented solely for the professional growth and development of the participating teacher and not for evaluation for employment purposes. (Precondition 5)
- Provide mentoring, including “just in time” for immediate support, as well as “ongoing” for long-term professional growth in the CSTPs.
- Make available and must advise participants of an Early Completion option for “experienced and exceptional” candidates who meet the program’s established criteria. (Precondition 6)
- Verify candidate competence based on a review of observed and documented evidence as well as exit interview with AUSD admin panel to determine candidate recommendation for Clear Teaching Credential.