The mission of the Educational Services Department is to provide innovative system-wide leadership, guidance, and support for a collaborative approach to:
- Developing and implementing rigorous, relevant, standards-based curriculum,
- Creating and curating instructional resources & materials,
- Leading instructional programs, initiatives, and projects,
- Facilitating literacy and community engagement,
- Communicating and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders,
- Developing professional learning networks to empower teachers to lead educational initiatives and reforms that provide content and instructional expertise to our District.
Arcadia’s Educational Services Department promotes instructional and professional development activities that build teachers’ extensive understanding of content, innovative instruction, and metacognitive skills with the goal of developing engaging learning experiences and environments. Educational Services staff maintain a thorough knowledge of students’ cognitive, social, and psychological developmental processes as well as current research-based practices in order to offer meaningful support for curriculum and instruction in Arcadia Unified School District classrooms.
The Educational Services Department of Arcadia Unified School District provides district leadership for a unified approach to the development and implementation of rigorous and relevant curriculum, programs, assessments, and instructional resources that engage all learners and prepare students to reach their highest learning potential.
The Department is responsible for supporting instructional activities that build teachers’ extensive understanding of the content being taught, thorough knowledge of students’ cognitive, social, and psychological developmental processes, and proficiency in providing productive, engaging learning experiences and environments.
The Department also supports principals and other school-based and central services staff by providing relevant information and resources to assist in curriculum implementation and innovative instruction.
150 S. Third Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91006
Jeffrey Wilson, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services
Senior Administrative Assistant
Director, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
(626) 821-8300 ext. 6770
Coordinator, Instructional Integration
School Office Assistant
(626) 821-8300 ext. 6502
(626) 821-8300 ext. 6575
- Ed Code Section 60615
- Public Schools Accountability Act (PSAA)
- Smarter Balanced Score Report Parent Letter (English)
- Smarter Balanced Score Report Parent Letter (Mandarin)
- Smarter Balanced Score Report Parent Letter (Spanish)
- State Website - Testing and Accountability Information