Technology and Information Services
The Technology and Information Services (TIS) department is responsible for many networking and data initiatives across the district.
- Provides long-range vision and direction for district’s technology, information, and data systems for education and administration
- Provides leadership and support for innovative instructional programs incorporating technology
- Designs, supervises and conducts staff development programs
- Coordinates electronic systems for access to student information and assessment data for teachers and administrators to support classroom instruction
- Directs and participates in the monitoring of evolving technology and sponsors feasibility studies of the potential utilization of major technological advances
- Establishes and maintains the District’s hardware, software, and network architectures
- 10,000 Chromebooks
- 1,600 Workstations
- 1,000 Network Connected Phones
- 650 Wireless Access Points
- 600 Network Connected Clock/Speakers
- 50 Servers
- Rolled out 10,000 Chromebooks to students and staff over 3 years while maintaining sufficient bandwidth and connectivity infrastructure.
- Implemented and maintain classroom technology including video projectors, microphone and speaker systems and document cameras.
- Maintain student, staff and other district information systems including all grade, attendance and report card interfaces.